Recipe: Roast Pork Loin
- Details Category: Pork Based Published on Tuesday, 24 April 2012 22:50 Written by Super User :
- 1.3kg pork loin, boned and rolled (ask your butcher to do this)
- sea salt
- 3 eating apples , cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 400ml vegetable or chicken stock , fresh, cube or concentrate
- Heat the oven to 240C/fan 220C/gas 9.
- Lightly oil a roasting tin and put it in the oven to get hot.
- Season the skin of the pork with sea salt, then put the joint in the hot tin and roast for 20 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5 and roast for a further 30 minutes per 500g.
- Increase the heat to 240C/fan 220C/gas 9 and cook for a final 10 minutes to get a really crisp and golden crackling.
- Take the pork from the tin and rest in a warm place before carving into slices.
- Meanwhile, drain the excess fat from the roasting tin onto a baking tray.
- Add the apples to the hot fat, turn to coat all over and roast for 10 minutes.
- Take out and keep warm.
- Put the roasting tin directly over a low heat, sprinkle in the flour and mix well.
- Then slowly add the stock, stirring well and letting it all bubble together until you have a gravy.
- Season and sieve into a jug.
- Serve the pork with the roasted apples and gravy.
- To get good, crunchy crackling you need to score the skin well with a very sharp knife or, better still, ask the butcher to do it for you.
- Posted from my android device using Joomla Admin Mobile!