Recipe: Smoked Pork Shoulder With Marmalade Glaze
- Details Category: Pork Based Published on Wednesday, 17 October 2012 12:39 Written by ethel :
This smoked shoulder is cooked with vegetables then glazed and baked in the oven.
- 1 smoked pork shoulder, 5 to 7 pounds
- 1 carrot, cut into chunks
- 1 large onion, cut into chunks
- 1 celery rib, cut into chunks
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Put smoked shoulder, fat side up, in a large pot and cover with cold water.
- Bring to a boil; add carrot, onion, celery, and bay leaf.
- Cover and simmer for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Remove meat from broth and remove the rind.
- Set meat, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score fat in a decorative diamond pattern.
- Combine glaze ingredients, stirring until well blended.
- Spread glaze over the scored surface.
- Bake the smoked shoulder in a preheated 350°F/Gas Mark 4 oven for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Serves 6 to 8 with leftovers.