Recipe: Pork Tenderloin with Marmalade Chilli Sauce
- Details Category: Pork Based Published on Wednesday, 17 October 2012 18:05 Written by ethel :
- 1 off Pork Tenderloin
- ½ pint strong beef oxo (2 cubes)
- ½ pint strong chicken oxo (2 cubes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Large knob of butter
- 3 or 4 finely chopped shallots or small onions
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1 flat desertspoon spicy chilli sauce
- 1 large desertspoon tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- To prepare pork tenderloins, preheat oven to 425° F Gas Mark 7.
- Season the pork with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large, heavy ovenproof skillet over high heat.
- Add pork and brown on all sides, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let pork rest 5 minutes.
- When pork goes into oven prepare sauce:
- Combine beef and chicken broths in medium saucepan, heat to a boil.
- In heavy large saucepan, heat 1 tablespoons olive oil and large knob of butter over medium-high heat.
- Add shallots and saute until just softening, about 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add stock, marmalade and chilli sauce. Simmer until mixture is reduced to 2 cups, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix water and cornstarch in small bowl.
- Whisk cornstarch mixture into sauce and stir until sauce boils and thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Slice tenderloin and spoon sauce over.