Recipe: Pork Stir Fry
- Details Category: Pork Based Published on Wednesday, 17 October 2012 18:55 Written by ethel :
- a handful of Szechuan peppercorns, crushed
- 2 x 350g pork fillets, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 1-3 fresh red chillies (to taste), deseeded and chopped
- 125g oyster mushrooms, wiped and torn
- 125g shiitake mushrooms, wiped and halved
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- a bunch of spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 200 pak choi, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 300g bean sprouts
- 300g medium egg noodles, cooked
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 6 tablespoons oyster sauce
- a small bunch of fresh coriander, leaves chopped
- 75ml chicken stock
- dark soy sauce
- Rub the crushed peppercorns into the pork slices.
- Heat your wok and a frying pan to make them as hot as you can.
- Pour the sesame and sunflower oils into the hot wok and fry the ginger, chilli and mushrooms for a minute until slightly coloured.
- Throw in the pepper, spring onions, pak choi, garlic and bean sprouts and stir-fry until wilted.
- Add the noodles, fish and oyster sauces, the coriander leaves and the stock.
- Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes until the noodles are steaming hot.
- Taste and season with soy sauce.
- Meanwhile, drizzle a little sunflower oil into the hot frying pan and fry the pork for 2 minutes on each side or until cooked through and golden.
- Serve with the stir-fried noodles.