Recipe: Pork Pie filling – 16th October 2011
- Details Category: Pork Based Published on Wednesday, 17 October 2012 19:40 Written by ethel :
- 1kg pork shoulder, rind removed but rest of fat left in
- 200g un-smoked streaky bacon rashers, rind removed
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons anchovy essence or 4 teaspoons finely chopped anchovies
- 1 heaped teaspoon dried mustard
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground mace
- No salt – taste after cooking and adjust jelly salt
- 1 heaped teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Put half the meat from both pork and bacon through the mincer on coarse and middle cutters.
- Chop rest of meat into 1cm lumps.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Using hot water pastry (strong flour) cook for 1 hour 5 mins on Gas 4.