Recipe: Sausage and fennel
- Details Category: Pork Based Published on Tuesday, 04 December 2012 21:06 Written by Super User :
- 8 pork sausages
- 1 onion - thickly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- 6 tomatoes - chopped
- 1/2 fennel bulb
- 1 desertspoonful tomato puree
- 3 medium carrots - diced
- 1 tin flageolet beans
- 1 red sweet pepper
- 1/2 pint chicken stock
- 1 glass of red or white wine
- Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 5.
- Fry sausages and put aside.
- Fry onions until soft, add garlic, carrot, tomato puree and fennel and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add a glass of white or red wine and let it simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Add tomatoes and heat through.
- Add stock, beans and sweet pepper. Add back the sausages.
- Bring to simmer then put in oven for 45 minutes.