Recipe: Sausage and Leek Parcels
- Details Category: Pork Based Published on Saturday, 02 January 2016 19:57 Written by ethel :
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Knob of butter
- 1 large red onion, finely sliced
- 2 large leeks, finely sliced
- 8 good-quality sausages, skins split
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh sage
- Flour, for dusting
- 500g pack puff pastry
- Milk, for glazing
- Heat the oil and butter in a pan over a low heat. Add the onion and leeks and gently fry for 10-15 minutes until tender. Set aside to cool.
- Remove the meat from the sausages and put in a bowl with the herbs. Mix well and shape into 4 balls.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/ gas 6.
- On a floured surface, roll out the pastry to a 32cm square, then cut into 4 equal pieces.
- Divide the onion mixture among the squares and top each with a sausagemeat ball.
- Flatten slightly, then fold the pastry corners up to enclose the filling.
- Brush with milk, then chill for 10 minutes.
- Place on a baking sheet and cook for 25-30 minutes, until golden and the filling is cooked – the pastry will puff up so you can now see the filling.
- Serve with a fresh, crunchy salad.