Recipe: Ham risotto
- Details Category: Pork Based Published on Tuesday, 05 January 2016 21:04 Written by ethel :
- 1 off red onion - small - chopped into one inch squares
- 1 off white onion - small - chopped into one inch squares
- Minced garlic
- Rice – Basmati. Use 50-60g per person.
- Chicken stock - 500-600ml.
- Couple of handfuls of left over gammon - chopped large
- Bunch of spring onions
- A couple of peppers - one red and one yellow - cut into bite-sized pieces
- Some button mushrooms - halved if large
- A handful of frozen peas
- A Handful of frozen sweetcorn
- Ground black pepper
- Rinse the rice.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a pan.
- Add the onion and garlic and fry the rice in it for a few minutes until it’s gone translucent.
- Add a small amount of the stock and allow to simmer.
- Once the rice has absorbed that add some more, stirring regularly.
- Repeat this until the rice is almost cooked – you may not need all the stock. Adding a little at a time means you will not end up with too much liquid in the pan.
- At this point add the ham and vegetables and stir through until well mixed. Add these sorts of cooked items close to the end as they really only need warming up, not cooking through.
- If needed, add a little more stock or water until the rice is fluffy. You may wish to add another helping of black pepper.
- That’s it – serve up in bowls and eat with a spoon!