Recipe: Five Spice Beef with Vegetables
- Details Category: Beef Based Published on Monday, 09 July 2012 17:50 Written by ethel :
Serves 4. Preparation time: 5-10 minutes. Cooking time: 5-7 minutes
- 450g/1lb minute, sirloin or rump steaks, cut into 10cm/5inch strips
- 15-30ml/1-2tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 x 5cm/2inch piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- ½ bunch spring onions, finely chopped
- 5ml/1tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 225g/8oz Savoy cabbage or spring greens, finely shredded
- 100g/4oz sugar snap peas
- Freshly milled black pepper
- 60ml/4tbsp soy sauce
- 75ml/5tbsp clear honey
- 60ml/4tbsp pineapple juice
- Juice of 1 lime
- 25g/1oz toasted cashew nuts, to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick wok or frying pan and stir-fry the beef strips for 1-2 minutes with the garlic, ginger, spring onion and five-spice powder.
- Add the Savoy cabbage or spring greens and sugar snap peas. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Season and reduce the heat.
- In a small bowl mix together the soy sauce, honey, pineapple and lime juice. Add to the pan with the cashew nuts and heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with egg-fried rice or noodles.