Recipe: Fast Roasted Beef
- Details Category: Beef Based Published on Thursday, 28 June 2012 17:43 Written by Super User :
- Choose sirloin or wing rib (three ribs) on the bone.
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 8, 450°F (230°C),
- Season the meat with salt and pepper and rub the fat with a dusting of flour and dry mustard.
- Roast at this temperature for 20 minutes, then reduce the temperature to gas mark 5, 375°F (190°C) and continue to roast – basting at least three times
- Times: 15 minutes per lb (450 g) for rare, plus 15 minutes more for medium, and another 30 minutes for well done.
- Allow to rest in a warm place for 20-30 minutes before carving. -