Recipe: Ribs - beef
- Details Category: Beef Based Published on Wednesday, 17 October 2012 21:26 Written by ethel :
- spareribs ( 1 rack)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh gingerFor the spiced water
- Garlic salt
- Black pepper
- First before you do anything get you a really big pot and fill it up with water. I use my big soup stockpot but whatever big pot you have that'll fit the ribs is fine. Heat on burner on medium heat.
- Next put a bunch of spices and herbs in there, I use garlic salt, ground pepper, thyme, rosemary, and oregano, but whatever u like is fine, this is your beef stock.
- Put ribs in spiced up water and let simmer for about 30-45 minutes, until meat is grey and starting to pull away from the edges of the bones.
- Take ribs out of pot, save liquid for recipes that call for beef stock. Put ribs in roasting dish, don't forget to grease it!
- Mix all ingredients listed above in a bowl. Taste and if not to your liking add a little bit of whatever you think will help it out. I usually end up putting in more honey and hoisin.
- Now brush some of sauce on both sides of ribs and let sit on and absorb for about 20-30 minute.
- Heat oven to Gas Mark 4.
- Brush more sauce on both sides of ribs.
- Bake for 15 minutes and brush more sauce on.
- Bake 15 more minute.
- Sauce on ribs should be brown and crispy looking.
- Serve with sauce if desired and if enough leftover.