Recipe: Mick Burger
- Details Category: Beef Based Published on Thursday, 07 November 2013 21:18 Written by Super User :
- 450g ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 medium pickled gherkin, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 large rolls or buns
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices medium tomato
- Finely slice the onion and fry in oil and butter on a very high heat. If the meat is very lean use a good slab of butter. Let the onions brown at the edges but not in the middle.
- Just before the onion is fully cooked at the garlic, finely chopped, and fry until onions complete.
- Remove from heat and frying pan and let them cool.
- Combine ground beef, onions, garlic, capers, mustard, parsley and pickle.
- Gently work together and form into four hamburger patties.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place patties on preheated grill and grill until done over a high heat (about 5 minutes).
- Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato slices.