Recipe: Spicy Orange Rump Stir-fry
- Details Category: Beef Based Published on Monday, 12 May 2014 19:17 Written by Super User :
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 500g sirloin or rump steak, cut into thin strips on the diagonal
- 4 tablespoons orange peel, cut into slivers
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 250ml beef stock
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons sherry
- 4 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red chilli flakes
- In a wok or frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add beef strips 1/3 at a time. Stir-fry for 3 minutes or until browned, removing the done pieces to a plate lined with kitchen roll.
- Return all the beef to the wok. Stir in orange peel, garlic and ginger; stir-fry 1 minute.
- In a medium bowl, combine cornflour, stock, soy sauce, sherry, marmalade and red chilli.
- Pour this mixture into the beef, stirring constantly.
- Bring to the boil over medium heat and cook for 1 minute.