Recipe: Sirloin steak and Stilton sauce
- Details Category: Beef Based Published on Saturday, 09 August 2014 19:33 Written by ethel :
- 4 large potatoes, scrubbed
- 1-2tbsp sunflower oil
- 1/2tsp paprika
- 4 lean sirloin or rump steaks
- 200g (7oz) mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 6tbsp reduced-fat crème fraîche
- 100g (4oz) stilton cheese, crumbled
- Heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6.
- Cut each potato into 8 wedges and place in a roasting tin. Brush with a little of the oil and sprinkle with paprika. Bake in the oven for 30 mins until the potatoes are soft on the inside but brown on the outside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the steaks to the pan (you may need to do this in batches) and fry for around 1 1/2 mins on each side for rare, 2 1/2 to 3 mins on each side for medium-rare and 3 to 5 mins on each side for medium to well done.
- When cooked, remove the steaks from the pan and keep warm. Add the mushrooms to the pan and fry for 3 to 4 mins. Then add the crème fraîche and stilton and heat gently for 1 min.
- Serve the steaks with the stilton and mushroom sauce, potato wedges and salad.