Recipe: Chilli Con Carne #2
- Details Category: Beef Based Published on Tuesday, 28 October 2014 17:05 Written by ethel :
- 3 onions, diced
- 1 tbsp tomato puree, or 1/2 bottle of pasata
- 400g packet chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp drinking chocolate
- 1kg minced beef, extra lean
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 2 portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 2 sweet red peppers, chopped into large pieces
- 400g tin kidney beans
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 splash ketchup
- 1 splash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 handful fresh herbs, eg: mint, basil, parsley. Chopped
- Brown the mince in a heavy pan. Add all the other ingredients except the carrots and herbs.
- Simmer for 1-2 hours (adding a little water if necessary).
- Add carrots, peppers and herbs.
- Simmer for further 30 minutes.
- Serve your chilli con carne with rice or a baked potato.