Recipe: Passata Chilli Con Carne
- Details Category: Beef Based Published on Saturday, 01 November 2014 15:25 Written by Super User :
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 small red birdseye chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 500g lean beef mince
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 600ml tomato passata
- 500ml (2 cups) red wine
- 400g can red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- Cooked SunRice Brown Medium Grain Rice and tortillas, to serve
- Heat oil in a casserole dish over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until it softens. Add garlic, chilli powder, chilli, cumin and cinnamon. Cook for 1 minute, stirring. Add mince and cook, breaking up the lumps, for 8-10 minutes until browned.
- Step 2
- Add tomato puree, passata and wine. Season and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 40 minutes. Add beans and cook uncovered for 10-15 minutes.
- Step 3
- Serve with rice and warm tortillas.