Recipe: Beef and Spinach Curry 2
- Details Category: Beef Based Curry Published on Thursday, 28 June 2012 18:13 Written by ethel :
30 ml ghee (clarified butter)
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 large onion, finely sliced
2 serrano peppers, thinly sliced
2 whole cloves, bruised
1 small teaspoon garam masala
1 small teaspoon ground coriander
½ teaspoon chili powder or cayenne pepper
1 small teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon ground cumin
680 g beef tenderloin, cubed
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 tin coconut milk
1 (10 ounce) bag spinach
5 ml lemon juice
- Heat the ghee in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in the garlic and onion, and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the serrano, and continue to cook for another 3 minutes.
- Season with the cloves, garam masala, coriander, chile powder, turmeric, and cumin, cook for 2 to 3 more minutes to release the flavour.
- Stir in the beef and salt, cook for 3 minutes more.
- Add the tomatoes, coconut milk, and spinach.
- Bring to a simmer, then cover, and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover, then stir in the lemon juice, and cook for 10 more minutes, stirring frequently, until the sauce has thickened.