Recipe: Curry – Beef and Coconut
- Details Category: Beef Based Curry Published on Monday, 02 July 2012 18:05 Written by ethel :
- 750g lean stew beef
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons curry paste (such as Thai Red Curry Base)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tin canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin well-stirred canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ cup sliced scallion greens
- ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro sprigs
- ½ cup coarsely chopped basil or Thai basil leaves
- Combine flour with salt and pepper to taste and coat meat in flour mixture.
- Fry meat to brown all over.
- Combine coconut milk with curry paste, mix thoroughly and add to the meat with garlic, pepper, onion, chopped tomatoes.
- Simmer on the low heat setting for 1½ hours, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are soft and meat is cooked through.
- Season to taste with lime juice, and add more salt if necessary.
- Sprinkle beef curry with scallions, cilantro, and basil and serve over rice.