Recipe: Curry – Beef and Spinach
- Details Category: Beef Based Curry Published on Monday, 02 July 2012 18:10 Written by ethel :
- 1 ½ lb braising steak, cubed
- 3 teaspoons oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, crushed
- 2 ½ cm (1) root ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed
- 3 teaspoon cumin seeds, crushed
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 8 cardammon pods seeds removed and crushed
- 2 green chillies seeded and chopped
- 14 oz chopped tomatoes
- ¼ pt beef stock
- 6 oz frozen spinach, thawed and drained, season with salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook onions, garlic and ginger until softened.
- Add the spices or curry paste and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add meat and cook until browned.
- Stir in the tomatoes, stock spinach and seasoning.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the lid and simmer for a further 30 minutes or until the sauce has thickened and the meat is tender.
- Stir in the fresh coriander.