Recipe: Creamy Chicken Curry
- Details Category: Chicken Based Curry Published on Monday, 02 July 2012 18:15 Written by ethel :
Preparation time : 10 minutes. Cooking time : 45 minutes. Total time : 55 minutes. Serves: 4
- 25g Plain flour
- 3 teapoon Garam masala or mild curry powder
- 500g Chicken breasts, skinned and cut into strips
- 2 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 25g Butter
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 1 teapoon Cumin seeds
- 1 teapoon Fennel seeds
- 2 Bay leaves
- 400g tin Peeled tomatoes
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teapoon Turmeric
- 1 Green chilli, finely chopped
- 250g Natural yogurt
- 15g Fennel fronds or coriander leaves
- Mix together the flour and 2 teapoon garam masala with some salt and pepper in a dish. Dredge the chicken in this mixture, shaking off any excess.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil and half the butter in a large frying pan and fry the chicken, in batches if necessary, for 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil and butter in a saucepan and sauté the onions over a gentle heat for 5 minutes, until soft.
- Add the cumin seeds, fennel seeds and bay leaves and cook for 1–2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic, turmeric and remaining garam masala and cook for around 10 minutes until the mixture becomes thick.
- Add the chilli and chicken and simmer for 15 minutes until everything is cooked through.
- Serve with yogurt and fennel fronds or coriander leaves.