Recipe: Chicken Drumstick in coconut
- Details Category: Chicken Based Curry Published on Monday, 02 July 2012 18:41 Written by ethel :
- 6 Chicken Drumsticks
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 2 Teaspoons Thai Curry Paste
- 1 Finely Chopped Green Chilli
- 4 Teaspoons diced, crushed Garlic
- 2 Teaspoons diced Ginger
- 50 grams butter
- 5 Tablespoons Groundnut Oil
- 6 Bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 tablespoon whole coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon whole cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon whole fenugreek seeds
- Finely chopped coriander leaves
- Toast the whole coriander, cumin and fenugreek seeds in non-stick pan for 1 minute. Put to one side.
- Fry the onion in the butter and 1 tablespoon oil until translucent then add the garlic, ginger and chilli and stir fry on medium for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the curry paste and toasted spices and stir in and fry for a further 30 secs.
- Meanwhile, in another pan, fry the chicken pieces in more oil, sealing well on all sides. Add to curry.
- Add the coconut milk, garam masala and bay leaves and simmer for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked, stirring occasionaly.
- If needed add more coconut milk or yoghurt/milk to prevent the curry becoming too thick or dry.
- Will benefit from being left to cool for a few hours and then re-heated
- Now add the finely chopped coriander leaves and cook for a further minute before serving.