Recipe: Lamb Curry: Rogan Josh
- Details Category: Lamb Based Curry Published on Wednesday, 17 October 2012 21:13 Written by ethel :
- Around 600-700 grams of leg of lamb - chopped into bite-sized chunks – cut most of fat off
- The usual chunks of garlic, ginger
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons of plain natural yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder
- 2 medium onions - finely chopped
- Tin of peeled plum tomatoes
- Fry onions in oil until soft – about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger and fry for another 3 minutes.
- Add spices and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add lamb and fry on high heat for about 5 minutes until meat well browned.
- Add chopped tomato and salt then cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add a couple of big dollops of yoghurt and bring to fierce boil.
- Put lid on and simmer for 90 minutes stirring occasionally.