Recipe: Cabbage and Mutton Curry
- Details Category: Lamb Based Curry Published on Sunday, 12 October 2014 17:08 Written by ethel :
- • 1 - 2 KG Mutton
- • 5-7 Tablespoons Cooking Oil
- • 1 Medium Size Onion Thinly Sliced
- • 1 Tomato -- Medium Size
- • 3-6 Tablespoons Curry Powder
- • 1 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- • 1 Teaspoon Jeera Powder (Level)
- • 1 Teaspoon Dhania Powder (Level)
- • 1 Teaspoon Salt (Salt to Taste)
- • 4 Cinnamon Sticks
- • 3-4 Elachi Pods
- • 2 Tablespoon Ginger/Garlic Paste
- • Cabbage (Small cabbage chopped)
- • Curry Leaf
- • Dhania Leaves
- Add cooking oil to pot and heat.
- Add onions and cook till lightly brown.
- Add Curry Powder, Turmeric Powder, Jeera Powder, Dhania Powder, Salt, Chopped Tomato, Ginger/Garlic Paste, Cinnamon Sticks and stir for 2-3 minutes on medium heat. You may add a little water as required.
- Now add your mutton and curry leaves then cook for 2-3 hours depending on the toughness of the meat.
- Add cabbage when meat is ¾ way cooked.
- Garnish with Dhania Leaves
Serving Ideas: Serve with cooked Rice, Bread or Roti.