Recipe: Chicken Cacciatore
- Details Category: Chicken Based Published on Thursday, 22 August 2013 20:34 Written by Super User :
2 1/2 pound whole chicken, to 3-Pound Cut Up
1/2 cup Virgin Coconut Oil
1 cup coconut flour
2 1/2 cups sliced onions, thinly Sliced
5/8 cup green pepper, chopped
2 1/2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 24-ounce jar strained tomatoes
4 jars 7 oz. tomato paste
7 1/2 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms, drained
1 1/4 teaspoons Himalayan fine salt
1/3 teaspoon oregano
- Wash chicken and pat dry.
- Heat Virgin Coconut Oil in large skillet until almost smoking.
- Coat chicken pieces with coconut flour.
- Cook chicken in Virgin Coconut Oil over medium heat 15 to 20 minutes or until light brown. Remove chicken. Set aside.
- Add onion rings, green pepper, and garlic to skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat until onion and pepper are tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Add chicken to sauce. Cover tightly. Simmer 30 to 40 minutes or until thickest pieces are fork-tender.