Recipe: Breadmaker - white bread 2006
- Details Category: Breads Published on Monday, 09 July 2012 17:45 Written by ethel :
White or “Both” Bread - this one worked well many times end 2006
- 3 ¼ USA Cups strong bread flour
- use all white for a white loaf or 2 ¾ USA Cups white plus ½ USA Cup wholemeal
- 1 heaped tablespoon sugar
- ¼ USA Cup milk
- 1 USA Cup water
- 1 inch cube of butter – sliced
- 1 rounded and 1 level teaspoon salt
- 1off 6g sachet dried breadmaker yeast
- Throw all ingredients into breadmaker and use Dough Setting 6
- Remove at end of cycle and put in large 1 ½ lb bread bin
- Leave to rise in warm room – at least 30 mins but could be 90 mins
- Put bowl or pan of boiling water in bottom of oven.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at Gas Mark 6 for 25 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- The water can be removed after 15-20 minutes and the loaf can be taken out of the tin at the same time and baked on the oven shelf to give a nice all over crust.
Fresh Yeast Bread
Submitted by: Annaxena
"Pre-slice and freeze these loaves. Then simply defrost, heat and rub butter over top for a 'fresh out of the oven' taste."
Recipe yield: 2 - 9x5 inch loaves.
30 Minutes by hand
3 Hours 20 Minutes
UUUalign='center' noshade='noshade' size='2' width='100%' //divp style='margin-left:18.0pt;'p style='margin-left:18.0pt;'p style='margin-left:18.0pt;'p style='margin-left:18.0pt;'p style='margin-left:18.0pt;'p style='margin-left:18.0pt;'p style='margin-left:18.0pt;'div align='center'
1. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand 10 minutes.
2. Combine hot water, white sugar, salt and shortening. Stir to dissolve shortening. Let it cool.
3. Add yeast and flour.
4. Use dough setting (no 6) on bread maker.
5. Knock the dough back.
6. Lightly oil two tins and split dough between them. Coat dough with a little oil and leave in warm place to rise – around 30 minutes.
7. Bake in pre-heated oven at gas mark 5 for about 40 minutes.