Recipe: White or “Both” Bread
- Details Category: Breads Published on Sunday, 28 October 2012 22:33 Written by ethel :
this one worked well many times end 2006
- 3 ¼ USA Cups strong bread flour
- use all white for a white loaf or 2 ¾ USA Cups white plus ½ USA Cup wholemeal
- 1 heaped tablespoon sugar
- ¼ USA Cup milk
- 1 USA Cup water
- 1 inch cube of butter – sliced
- 1 rounded and 1 level teaspoon salt
- 1off 6g sachet dried breadmaker yeast
- Throw all ingredients into breadmaker and use Dough Setting 6
- Remove at end of cycle and put in large 1 ½ lb bread bin
- Leave to rise in warm room – at least 30 mins but could be 90 mins
- Put bowl or pan of boiling water in bottom of oven.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at Gas Mark 6 for 25 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- The water can be removed after 15-20 minutes and the loaf can be taken out of the tin at the same time and baked on the oven shelf to give a nice all over crust.