Recipe: Coconut Flour Flatbread
- Details Category: Breads Published on Monday, 12 August 2013 17:24 Written by Super User :
Make it like American pancakes, use it for grilled cheese, egg sandwiches, burger and hot dog buns, and more---high fibre, gluten and grain free, low carb!
Minutes to Prepare: 2
Minutes to Cook: 5
Number of Servings: 1
- Coconut flour
- parmesan cheese
- pizza seasoning or other herbs (I add a few shakes to the batter)
- half and half (or milk---any kind, don't use water)
- If the batter is too thick (will depend on brand of batter you use and type of liquid), you can add more liquid.
- Mix all ingredients and let sit for 1-2 minutes (coconut flour will soak up liquid). Heat skillet to medium, add 1 tbsp butter or coconut oil.
- Make two pancakes out of the batter, you may have to spread it a little if it's thick to get the size/shape you want. When one side is done, flip both pancakes, add cheese and fillings (fried egg, pesto, etc.) to one pancake and put the done side of the second piece on top. You may want to turn the burner to med-low or lower to make the cheese melt. Flip and make both side golden.
- Serving Size: Makes 2 small sandwich size pieces of flatbread
- Number of Servings: 1