Recipe: Coconut Flour, Flax (Linseed) Bread
- Details Category: Breads Published on Monday, 12 August 2013 18:02 Written by Super User :
- 1/2 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup flax seeds, ground [or chia seeds, unground]
- 1/2 teaspoon salt [or less]
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/8 cup water (or coconut milk for a moister bread)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar [or coconut water vinegar or lemon juice]
- Preheat oven to 325F. Grease a small loaf pan (7 3/4' × 4 1/2' × 3' H).
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Combine all the wet ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and beat well. Batter will be thick.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely before slicing.
Makes: 1 loaf of approximately 8 slices
Number of slices per loaf: 8
Approximately 2g Net Carbs per slice
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 13.2 g
Cholesterol: 116.3 mg
Sodium: 347.1 mg
Total Carbs: 4.1 g
Dietary Fiber: 2.0 g
Protein: 6.8 g