Recipe: Coconut Flour Pancakes… with Gelatin!
- Details Category: Breads Published on Monday, 26 August 2013 09:46 Written by Super User :
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 Tbs. grassfed gelatin
- 4 pastured eggs, at room temperature
- 1 heaping tbs. softened butter or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Coconut oil or ghee, for the pan
- Start heating a seasoned cast iron skillet or enamel skillet over medium heat. Whisk together the coconut flour and gelatin. Stir in the eggs, beating until a smooth paste forms.
- Stir in the butter/coconut oil until combined, then add the coconut milk.
- Cook the pancakes in the hot skillet with coconut oil/ghee. Cook until the edges and center starts to look opaque, then flip. Smaller pancakes will be easier to flip.
- Makes about 2 servings (12 small pancakes).