Recipe: Gelatin based flat flax bread
- Details Category: Breads Published on Wednesday, 02 October 2013 19:53 Written by Super User :
- 3 tablespoons milled flax
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/2 a heaped teaspoon of gelatin powder - from a sachet
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- boiling water as needed
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a warm bowl.
- Add enough boiling water to mix a stiff dough.
- Leave for 30 minutes.
- Heat a thick based pan until smoking.
- Divide dough into two.
- Roll each flat between cling film.
- Dust one side with flax and place this down onto the hot pan.
- Dust the top with flax.
- Cook on the smoking pan, flipping regularly and pressing down with a spatula, until well cooked. This could take a long time.