Recipe: Sun-dried tomato and olive bread
- Details Category: Breads Published on Sunday, 22 December 2013 19:43 Written by ethel :
- 500g/1lb 2oz strong flour
- 15g/½oz salt
- 55ml/2fl oz olive oil
- 20g/¾oz fresh yeast
- 275ml/9fl oz water
- 170g/6oz black Greek olives, pitted and chopped
- 55g/2oz sun-dried tomatoes
- Mix all ingredients, apart from the olives and tomatoes, in a large bowl. Take care not to put the yeast in direct contact with the salt when they are first added to the bowl.
- Knead well with your hands and knuckles until the dough is elastic, smooth and shiny. Cover with a piece of cling film and leave to rise for 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into two and into each add half of the olives and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Mould both the doughs into rough round shapes and press firmly down. Sprinkle white flour lightly over the top and mark them with a cross.
- Place them on a baking sheet lined with baking paper (silicone paper) and prove for 1 hour in a warm place.
- Bake at 220C/425F/Gas 7 for 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.