Recipe: Fish friday
- Details Category: Fish Based Published on Friday, 06 July 2012 21:01 Written by Super User :
- 600g Charlotte potatoes,unpeeled, boiled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons caster sugar
- 1 onion, peeled & finely sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled & finely chopped
- 100ml white wine
- Loads of cherry tomatoes
- 2 roasted red peppers, deseeded, from a jar
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 600g skinless, boneless cod fillet
- Fresh basil leaves to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, fan 200°C, gas 7.
- Tip the potatoes onto a baking tray and gently crush.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon oil, ½ teaspoon caster sugar and a small pinch of salt.
- Roast for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry the onion in 1 tablespoon olive oil with the mixed herbs and garlic, until softened.
- Add the wine and cook until most of it has been absorbed. Add the tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Tip into a food processor, add the roasted peppers and blitz until smooth.
- Return to the pan and add the lemon juice, remaining sugar and capers. Warm through.
- Season the cod and fry in 1 tablespoon oil for 4 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- liServe with the crushed potatoes and sauce, garnished with the basil.