Recipe: Fish Cakes
- Details Category: Fish Based Published on Monday, 09 July 2012 17:43 Written by ethel :
- 1 green chillies
- 2 cloves garlic – finely chopped
- 200 grams fish
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 inch ginger – finely chopped
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 small onion – chopped finely
- 2 teaspoons dried coriander leaves
- ½ teaspoon garam masala powder
- 3 -4 potatoes
- 1/2 cup white bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Boil and mash the potatoes.
- Wash the fish thoroughly, take off the skin and cut into fine pieces.
- De-seed and chop the green chillies finely.
- Mix potatoes and fish with fingers to coarse paste.
- Heat up oil over medium heat up and fry the onions until soft.
- Mix in garlic, ginger, chillies, stir and stir fry for one minute.
- Mix in turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, stir stir fry for one minute.
- Mix in the coriander leaves and salt, stir, mix well, take off from heat.
- Put the fish and potato mixture in a big size mixing bowl, mix in onions and fried spices and mix well.
- Cover and chill the mixture for at least one hour.
- Divide the mixture in 12 equal sized portions and shape them into flat round cakes about 1/2 inch thick.
- Dust the cakes in flour, then dip in beaten egg and roll in breadcrumbs.
- Heat up oil and fry the fish cakes until golden brown.