Recipe: Mackerel Parcels
- Details Category: Fish Based Published on Wednesday, 17 October 2012 11:12 Written by ethel :
- 4 Mackerels
- 2 oz butter
- pinch of garlic salt
- 1 small onion grated or chopped
- an orange cut into chunks
- grated rind and juice of 1 orange
- salt and pepper to taste
- few sprigs of parsley or coriander
- After heading, gutting and cleaning fish season with salt and pepper.
- Then mix butter until soft add the orange rind and juice mixing until smooth.
- Add the garlic salt and onion mixing well.
- Divide this into 4 portions and place inside each mackerel.
- Place each fish on a large piece of greased foil and fold and crimp edges together to form a parcel over each fish making sure no juices can escape.
- Place the parcels on a baking tin or casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes in a preheated oven at 350 deg F.
- When cooked open parcels and decorate with orange pieces and parsley.
- Serve hot or cold.