Recipe: Sea bream cooked with cherry tomatoes
- Details Category: Fish Based Published on Sunday, 28 October 2012 18:52 Written by ethel :
- 175ml/6fl oz extra virgin olive oil
- 2 sea bream, weighing about 500g/1lb 2oz each, cleaned and scaled
- 4 garlic cloves
- 20 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- handful fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
- 400ml/14fl oz water
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan over a fairly high heat.
- Add the bream, followed by the garlic, tomatoes, basil and some salt.
- Pour in the water, turn the heat down slightly and cook the fish for 7 minutes on each side. When you flip the fish over you will know that it is done if the eye has turned white.
- Remove the fish from the pan and place on a large serving dish. Raise the heat, cook the sauce for 30 seconds to concentrate the flavours slightly and then pour it over the fish.
- Serve immediately, with lots of good bread to mop up the delicious sauce.