Recipe: Peppered salmon served with rice and a tangy sauce
- Details Category: Fish Based Published on Sunday, 28 October 2012 19:08 Written by ethel :
Serves 4 - Preparation time 15 minutes - Cooking time 20-30 minutes
- 300g (9oz) brown basmati rice
- 4 skin-on salmon fillets, each weighing approximately 150g (52oz)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons peppercorns, crushed
- 2 lemons, zest and juice of 1, the other cut into wedges
- 2 red onions, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 2 x 400g (14oz) cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C 350°F/Gas Mark 4. Cook the rice according to the pack instructions.
- Arrange the salmon fillets, skin-side down on a greased ovenproof dish or baking sheet while the rice is cooking.
- Brush the salmon with a little oil and press with peppercorns.
- Squeeze over the juice of one of the lemons.
- Place the salmon in the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes until the fish begins to flake.
- Make the Tangy Sauce meanwhile by placing the remaining olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 8-10 minutes until it has softened.
- Add the garlic, lemon zest and dill and stir for one minute.
- Then add the tomatoes and sugar and simmer for 10 minutes until the sauce has slightly reduced.
- Place a bed of rice on each plate along with a portion of Tangy Sauce.
- Cut the remaining lemon into wedges.
- Sit a salmon fillet on top of the rice and serve each one with a lemon wedge.