Recipe: Baked Monkfish with Mushrooms and Potatoes
- Details Category: Fish Based Published on Thursday, 28 June 2012 18:44 Written by ethel :
- 1 lb Monkfish
- 4 small red potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 cup dried mushrooms
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- Heat oven to gas mark 9.
- Blanch potatoes in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain.
- In a small bowl, soak mushrooms in wine for 20-25 minutes. Remove mushrooms discarding tough stems. Mix in ginger and soy sauce to wine. Set aside.
- Filleting the monkfish tail: cut away the thin membrane covering the outside of the fish; cut along one side of the central bone to remove the fillet; repeat on the other side to release the second fillet.
- In a large roasting pan, add butter. Mix in potatoes, mushrooms, onion, and garlic. Roast in oven for about 15 minutes.
- Season Monkfish with salt and pepper. Add fillets to roasting pan placing fillets over potato mixture.
- Pour wine mixture over fillets.
- Cover roasting pan and cook 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.