Recipe: Fish pie
- Details Category: Fish Based Published on Sunday, 19 January 2014 13:46 Written by ethel :
For the pie
- 200ml fish stock
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 50ml brandy
- 200ml double cream
- 12 mussels, out of shell
- 100g salmon
- 100g whiting
- 8 finely chopped spring onions
- 1 tbsp tarragon
- 1 tbsp peas
For the topping
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 100g crumbled Roquefort or Stilton
- 100g butter
- Salt and pepper
- 200g mashed potato with 65g butter beaten into it
- Boil the stock, tomato purée and brandy for 5 minutes, until it has reduced by one third.
- Add the cream, bring back to the boil and cook for one minute, then reduce the heat.
- Stir in the fish, mussels, onion, peas and tarragon, then take off the heat.
- Spoon the mixture into an ovenproof dish and top with the mashed potato.
- Rub the breadcrumbs, cheese and butter together until they form a crumb. Season the mix and then sprinkle onto the pie.
- Cook the pie at 180°C for 10 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Serve the pie with fresh greens and vegetables.