Recipe: Poached Fish
- Details Category: Fish Based Published on Friday, 07 February 2014 19:27 Written by Super User :
- 3-4 firm white fish fillets - e.g. gurnard, tarakihi, snapper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon Edmonds plain baking flour
- tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- white pepper
- Wipe fish.
- Place in a large frying pan with lid.
- Add milk.
- Cover and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer gently for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
- Carefully lift fish from pan and keep warm.
- Pour poaching milk from pan into jug.
- Add butter to pan and melt.
- Stir in flour and cook until frothy.
- Gradually add poaching milk, stirring constantly until mixture boils and thickens.
- Add parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour sauce over fish.