Recipe: Basa in Ginger Sauce
- Details Category: Fish Based Curry Published on Thursday, 28 June 2012 18:52 Written by ethel :
Basa fish is imported from South East Asia - it's the iridescent shark - but is actually a catfish.
- 4 basa steaks
- 1 pint (600 ml) milk
- 1 tablespoon cornflour, cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 inch (2.5cm) piece root ginger, peeled and grated
- dash of chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Grill the basa steaks for about 5 minutes either side - brush with oil to prevent drying out.
- Meanwhile, fry the onion and ginger until softened.
- Bring the milk to the boil and thicken with cornflour.
- Add the fried onion and ginger and the rest of the ingredients to the sauce, stir thoroughly and pour over your grilled basa steaks.
- This is an indonesian method of serving basa fish and you would perhaps like to try it with noodles.