Recipe: Thai green curry with scallops
- Details Category: Fish Based Curry Published on Sunday, 23 March 2014 17:41 Written by Super User :
For the paste
- 3 lemongrass stalks, chopped
- 4 green bird's-eye chillies, seeds removed, chopped
- 4 lime leaves, chopped
- 1 lime, zest and juice only
- 1 banana shallot, chopped
- 2cm/¾in knob galangal (or fresh root ginger)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 4 tbsp coriander root
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp crushed black peppercorns
- 2 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 1 tsp palm sugar
For the curry
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 400ml/14fl oz coconut milk
- 125g/4½oz pea aubergines
- 2 limes, juice only
- 12 hand-dived scallops, scallop removed and roe discarded
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp Thai basil, torn
- For the paste, place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- For the curry, heat a wok and add a tablespoon of oil and the paste. Cook for a couple of minutes and then add the coconut milk, pea aubergines and lime juice.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan and add the remaining oil. Once hot, add the scallops. Cook for a couple of minutes on each side.
- To serve, place the scallops on serving plates and pour over the sauce, or drop the scallops in the sauce just before serving. Garnish with the coriander and Thai basil.