Recipe: Cinder Toffee
- Details Category: Sweets as in Candy not Desserts Published on Friday, 02 November 2012 19:52 Written by Super User :
- 25g butter
- 100g sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 level teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Grease a baking tin ready for the toffee.
- Put butter, sugar and golden syrup into a heavy-based saucepan and heat slowly until butter has melted and sugar dissolved.
- Allow to boil whilst stirring continuously.
- Then boil rapidly WITHOUT stirring for 5 minutes
- Remove from heat and stir in the bicarbonate of soda.
- Pour the frothing mixture into the tin and allow to cool.
- Mark into squares as it cools and break into pieces when brittle.