Recipe: Veggy Curry
- Details Category: Vegey or Lentil Based Curry and Dahls Published on Sunday, 28 October 2012 22:40 Written by ethel :
- vegetable oil
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 courgette, diced
- ½ butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 100g mushrooms, quartered
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 150g cauliflower, broken into florets
- 600ml curry base sauce (see curry base sauce recipe)
- 400ml water
- In a little vegetable oil, fry the onion gently for 10 minutes in a large pan
- then add the remaining vegetables and stir together.
- Add the curry base sauce and simmer gently for around 25 to 30 minutes, taking care not to overcook the vegetables.
- If the sauce becomes too thick, add a little water to give you the desired consistency.
- Tip This recipe is a guideline, always check your fridge for any surplus fresh or cooked vegetables you may have, and substitute them for the equivalent quantity in the recipe.