Recipe: Kabocha squash – balsamic roasted
- Details Category: Vegey Meals Published on Wednesday, 17 October 2012 00:15 Written by ethel :
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- a pinch salt
- 1 kabocha or buttercup squash
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4.
- Cut squash into slices and remove seeds.
- Use a fork to break up brown sugar and combine with balsamic and salt.
- Mix in oil.
- But the squash together in a baking tray and pour the sauce over the flesh.
- Rub the sugar in to get it to coat evenly.
- Cover with aluminium foil and bake for 45 mins.
- Finally remove the foil and bake for a further 15 minutes to get the flesh to colour.