Recipe: Stilton rice and walnuts risotto
- Details Category: Vegey Meals Published on Sunday, 28 October 2012 20:38 Written by ethel :
Excellent recipe from the Stilton Cheesemakers.It is very good :-)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 50g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 15g butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped sage
- 400g arborio risotto rice
- 1 litre vegetable stock, boiling
- 225g winter squash, deseeded, peeled and roughly chopped
- 75g Blue Stilton cheese
- 4 sprigs fresh sage for garnish
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large saucepan, add half of the chopped walnuts and allow to brown. Spoon the nuts onto a plate and set aside.
- Add the butter, onions and chopped sage to the pan and soften for 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in the rice to absorb the cooking juices. Add the stock and the chopped squash, then simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Switch off the heat, crumble in the Stilton, add the remaining chopped walnuts, cover and allow to finish cooking in its own heat for 5 minutes.
- Serve each portion garnished with a sprig of fresh sage.