Recipe: Goat's Cheese Wellington
- Details Category: Vegey Meals Published on Wednesday, 14 November 2012 18:17 Written by Michel :
- Serves: 4
- 300g goat's cheese
- 2 slices medium sliced brown bread with crust cut off
- 4 carrots, cut into batons
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 100g mushrooms
- 100g well cooked, drained frozen spinach (optional)
- 1 packet puff pastry
- 1 egg
- 50g mushroom pate
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6.
- Saute the carrots, leeks, mushrooms and spinach (or whichever vegetables you choose) until soft, and drain well.
- Roll out the puff pastry to about 5mm thick and a square shape. Place the brown bread in one layer down the middle. Cut to shape if necessary. This is essential otherwise the vegetables make the pastry soggy. Spread the mushroom pate along the sides of the pastry with no bread leaving a 1 inch border uncovered.
- Slice the goat's cheese and place it so it covers the bread. Season it with salt and black pepper then spoon the vegetables on top.
- Fold the pastry to cover all the ingredients and seal with the border left uncovered using the egg for glue. Then brush the rest of the egg over the pastry and put in oven on greased baked tray until golden brown.
- n brown.