Recipe: Pasta and roast butternut squash
- Details Category: Vegey Meals Published on Saturday, 01 December 2012 16:18 Written by ethel :
- 800g (1lb 12oz) butternut squash, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1-2 red chillies, deseeded and chopped
- 5 sprigs thyme
- 2-3tbsp olive oil
- 200g (7oz) green beans
- 400g (14oz) fusilli pasta
- 100g (4oz) cherry tomatoes, halved
- Put the squash, chilli and thyme in a roasting tin with the olive oil. Roast at 200°C (400°F, gas mark 6) for 20-25 mins.
- Cook the beans in boiling water until just tender, then drain and refresh under cold water.
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Drain well, then stir in the tomatoes, beans and roasted squash. Season and serve with Parmesan shavings and a glass of chilled white wine.