Recipe: Pasta with Roasted Butternut Squash and Shallots
- Details Category: Vegey Meals Published on Saturday, 01 December 2012 16:38 Written by ethel :
id='image_css' src='http://img4-2.myrecipes.timeinc.net/i/recipes/ck/01/10/butternut-ck-226732-l.jpg' /
- 3 cups (1-inch) cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 shallots, peeled and halved lengthwise (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 4 ounces uncooked pappardelle (wide ribbon pasta) or fettuccine
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 8°.
- Combine squash, sugar, 1 tablespoon oil, salt, pepper, and shallots in a jelly roll pan; toss well. Bake at Gas Mark 8 for 20 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in sage.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
- Place cooked pasta in a bowl. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil; toss well.
- Serve squash mixture over pasta. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Serve with crusty bread and green beans.