Recipe: Mushroom Stroganoff
- Details Category: Vegey Meals Published on Thursday, 24 January 2013 21:50 Written by Super User :
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 white onion, peeled & thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, peeled & thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 250g portabellini mushrooms, sliced
- 150g oyster mushrooms, whole
- 1teaspoon paprika
- 1 tip of teaspoon of dried hot chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoons Greek style Natural yogurt
- 150ml single cream
- Handful of parsley
- Celery Salt & freshly ground white pepper
- In a shallow frying pan heat the olive oil and butter and then add the onion and garlic, cook until they are soft and translucent.
- Add the mushrooms little by little allowing each addition to sweat down and cook through, almost caramelise.
- Add the paprika and cayenne pepper followed by the yogurt and cream.
- Reduce the heat a little and continue to cook the mushrooms until further reduced in size.
- Add the parsley and seasoning and serve immediately.