Recipe: Glamorgan Sausages
- Details Category: Vegey Meals Published on Tuesday, 19 March 2013 19:53 Written by Julie :
makes 16 small sausages
- 225g/8oz fresh breadcrumbs
- 125g/5oz grated cheese
- 3 medium size free-range eggs
- A little milk
- Salt and white pepper
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- 175g/6oz leek shredded finely and sautéed in a little butter for 2 minutes
- 1 heaped tablespoon of fresh, chopped parsley
- 100g/4oz fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 medium size free-range egg
- 4tbsp milk
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Place the breadcrumbs, cheese, seasoning, mustard, leek and parsley into a mixing bowl, mix well. Beat together the eggs, and add to the ingredients. Mix the ingredients to form a firm dough, you may need a little milk if the mixture is a little dry. Divide the mixture into 16, and form each portion into a sausage shape.
- Coating the sausages is optional, however this does give a wonderful crispy texture to the sausages. Beat the egg and add the milk. Place the breadcrumbs on a plate and season lightly. Take each sausage and roll it in the egg mixture, drain a little, then roll in the breadcrumbs. Repeat until all the sausages are coated, chill for 30 minutes.
- Heat a heavy base frying pan, add a little oil, add the sausages a few at a time and cook over a medium-low heat until golden all over. The sausages should fry gently, if the heat is too high they will brown too quickly and not be cooked through.
- These sausages are delicious served with a tomato salad. Use ripe tomatoes, sliced together with a little red onion. Dress with olive oil, a little balsamic vinegar, freshly ground black pepper.